We are proud to announce Canadian Southwestern College’s Montessori Teacher Education Program- Early Childhood is accredited by MACTE, AMS- Affiliated, and interim designated by PTIB. AMS-affiliated teacher education programs provide comprehensive courses of study that prepare adult learners to be highly qualified Montessori educators. Fully affiliated course levels have received or maintained AMS affiliation by meeting all AMS standards and requirements.
Our program provides a solid foundation needed to become successful as a professional Montessori teacher. Graduates will receive a AMS Credential at the end of the program. Learn the Montessori philosophy and receive Montessori teacher training online, receive opportunities for hands-on practice with Montessori materials, and complete a mandatory practicum. Our program is conducted online for 85% of the program.
Enroll to start on June 15th, 2021. Next cohort starts in 2022.
Welcome to register now as spaces are limited.
- Teachers who are looking to pursue in the education field
- Current ECE teachers or assistants who wish to upgrade their skillset with Montessori philosophies
- International Students
540 hours Practicum Component
(Observation, Zoom lectures, oral presentations & supervised practice with materials)
Module 2: Sept. 6th – June 30th, 2022
Online courses and Practicum
Why study at Canadian Southwestern College?
- An accredited institution that is well-reputable by employers.
- Successful completion of the program leads to a MACTE accredited and AMS-affiliated certificate.
- Study at your own pace with flexible class schedules.
- The program is designed specifically for people with a busy schedule.
- Save time and money on transportation to an on-site campus and learn at home.
Great Career Advancement
- Montessori teachers earn a higher salary than ECE teachers.
- Excellent training that will provide you with all the skills to become a professional Montessori teacher.