We are in the process of applying MACTE Credential and AMS Montessori Affiliation.
Why study at CSC to be a Credential Montessori teacher?
Montessori Teacher Credential Program (MTCP) provides comprehensive courses of study that prepare the adult learners of today to be the highly skilled, highly qualified Montessori teachers and leaders of tomorrow via the awarding credentials program.
You will get:
- Knowledge of the Montessori theory and practical skills needed in the classroom.
- The intellectual study of the Montessori method, coupled with time for reflection and discussion.
- Professional development to foster student learning.
- An introduction to the Montessori materials and time to practice their use giving you the practical tools needed for the classroom.
- Inner education or spiritual preparation as well as professional behavior. The ability to communicate with diverse populations.
What’s included in our Montessori Teacher Credential Program?
MTCP offers a blended online and residential format: 176 hours of distance learning and 124 hours of resedential training, plus 540 hours’ practicum in a qualified Montessori daycare.
The length and format of courses may vary, but most include the following features:
• Montessori Philosophy & Classroom Leadership.
• Teaching manuals, containing lesson presentations organized according to the curricular area. Practical lessons in the six major areas: Practical Life; Sensorial; Math; Language; Physical and Life Sciences; and Social Studies.
• Written and oral assignments, requiring student teachers to demonstrate an understanding of the knowledge and skills related to the theory and practice of Montessori education.
The Practicum learning experience is focused on:
• Observation of the Montessori classrooms.
• Presentation of Montessori lessons.
• Supervised time practicing with the material in a prepared environment.
Advantages of CSC Montessori Teacher Credential Program
Why should you choose CSC MTCP? Our teacher education programs are part of a global membership organization that influences the direction of Montessori education. Our goal is to support successful outcomes for adult learners worldwide, including Canada, China and HongKong.
Many benefits make CSCMTCP different than all other face-to-face Montessori teacher training programs. You will gain:
- The opportunity to earn credits towards bachelor’s or master’s degrees via partnerships with higher learning institutions
- Help to develop a knowledge base in the instruction of and best practices for the preparation of Montessori educators.
- Connections with our North American teacher education team, and our experienced and passionate staff who are ready to support you while building an inspirational and vigorous credential course.
- 176 hours of online courses providing the flexibility to study at your own pace conveniently in the comfort of your own home. Furthermore, this convenient program is perfect for adults with families and/or jobs.
- Detailed Montessori manuals and user-friendly materials through the online Learning Management System (LMS) to ensure you have an excellent foundation to graduate with an internationally recognized Montessori teaching certificate.
- An opportunity to cut the cost by saving the money that would otherwise be spent on transportation.
This program is specifically designed for people with a busy schedule so you won’t be confined to a fixed class schedule. Even if you work full-time, you can still complete the program and receive your Montessori Teaching Diploma, which many students have done. CSCMTTP is not time-consuming. You can successfully complete CSCMTTP by studying for only half an hour to an hour per day, five days each week.
This program provides you with professional, rich-in-content, and detailed materials for free. You also save time and money by not needing to pay boarding fees or any transportation fees to an on-site campus since the program is online. You can just stay at home to go to school!
This program will give you an excellent training since the world-class Montessori materials are outstanding and will prepare you to become a professional Montessori teacher. CSCMTTP is filled with information from concepts existing in Montessori’s inception to modern ideas. Furthermore, educational activities that have been done in Montessori classrooms will also be available.
In High Demand
Teachers graduated from CSCMTTP are in high demand around the world. There are an increasing amount of parents who desire the supportive, safe, and unique environment provided in Montessori classrooms. More and more parents understand the benefits of sending their children to Montessori schools because of the Montessori method since they seek unique educational environments where their children can be self-disciplined and self-motivated to excel, learn, and reach their full potential.